IN THE LEAGUE
2016 – 2017 Place Begins
To help you decide what Placement you might like for the 2016 -2017 League year, a new Quick Reference Guide has been developed. We encourage you to review this new Guide as well as the Placement Guide and Membership Status Requirements. Links to each of these are provided here for you:
|Sign Up||Open Date||Close Date|
(SPREE!, MDC, CLI, BBX-Summer Intensive, IB)
|Wednesday, March 9 at 6 a.m.||Saturday, March 12 at 5 p.m.|
|Active Platinum||Thursday, April 21 at 6 a.m.||Monday, May 2 at 5 p.m.|
|Active Gold, Silver and Bronze||Monday, April 25 at 6 a.m.||Monday, May 2 at 5 p.m.|
|Provisionals||Friday, April 29 at 6 a.m.||Monday, May 2 at 5 p.m.|
AJLI Wednesday Webinar: Harnessing Volunteer Power with Jennifer R. Bennett
AJLI is happy to bring you a webinar with Jennifer Bennett, Senior Manager for Education & Training at VolunteerMatch. Jennifer will help us identify soft risks within our leagues, including attitudes, beliefs and actions that may expose an organization to risk. The webinar will focus on real world examples of soft risk, provide tools to identify soft risk, and methods for diminishing those risks.
Title: Harnessing Volunteer Power: Understanding the Role of Soft Risk in Risk Management
Presenter: Jennifer R. Bennett
Date & Time: March 9 at 1 pm EST
Team Training Presents: Desire Mapping | March 15
Desire Mapping is the topic for March 15th’s training at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership at 6:00pm. Led by Caitlin Palczuk, a holistic life coach, we’ll explore this new method of achievement. Focusing on the feeling you get when reaching a goal puts less emphasis on the goal itself. Committed to a passion for goal setting, communication tools, and breaking down barriers, the Desire Map Workshop will leave you setting goals with soul.
Join TCOM at these great Upcoming Events
- Wood Sign Painting class on Saturday, March 12 at 6 p.m. Come out for a fun craft night with the girls. Just bring yourself and your creativity! Bridget with It’s All Chic will bring everything else. Go to the It’s All Chic Facebook page, and under the More tab at the top, go to “Events.” Choose “March 12 JLR event” and pick the sign you want to paint. Just comment which sign you want and Bridget will contact you individually for price and payment information. She will create your stencil and build your sign for you to paint at our paint party at the CCL.
- All She Wrote Notes Chalk Lettering class on March 16 from 6:30-8 p.m. at the CCL. For more details and to sign up today (space is limited) please visit this link.
- Beach Bag Book Club on March 24 at 6:30 p.m. Sign up online now to bring a book you have read and would recommend. We will send out a SignUpGenius so you can list the book you are bringing and provide a handout at the event. From this, we will build a summer reading list to share. Carrie Ritter will facilitate and can be reached at rittercm@gmail for any questions.
- Wine and Design in Cary on April 2 from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Use this link to sign up and use coupon code CARY for $5.
SUSTAINERS: THINGS TO REMEMBER
Sustainer Volunteers Needed for the SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation Event!
Sustainers will host the SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation Event at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership on Tuesday, March 23. Several Sustainers are needed to plan and staff the event. For questions or to volunteer, email email@example.com.
Before the event – deliver to the CCL room 132 by 5 p.m. March 16 (deposit in a box labeled SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation)
- Donate a small favor for attendees ($7-$15), 40 favors needed
Before the event – deliver to the CCL by 3 p.m. March 23
- Pick up/deliver catered food, serveware – 1 volunteer
- Obtain/wrap/deliver attendee favors – 2 to 3 volunteers
- Prepare or purchase appetizers – 3 to 4 volunteers
On the evening of the event – 3 to 8 p.m. March 23
- Set up/decorate room, 3-5:30 p.m. – 2 volunteers
- Check in attendees, 5-7:30 p.m. – 1 to 2 volunteers
- Manage food/beverage/cake/favor tables, 5:30-8 p.m. – 3 volunteers
- Break down event room and kitchen, 6-8 p.m. – 2 volunteers
Won’t you join us by volunteering to make this special event the best ever?
Sustainer NC Museum of History Two Exhibit Tour and Lunch: Registration Now Open!
On Tuesday, March 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., join Sustainers at the North Carolina Museum of History for a special docent-led tour of two exhibits: gowns by the esteemed designer Willie Otey Kay and Southern-themed paintings from the James-Farmer Collection. We will then gather for lunch in the “Glass Box.” This event is open to Sustainers only and limited to 30 attendees. The $30 cost—which includes lunch, tax, tips and tour docent fee—is payable upon event registration. Online RSVP via the JLR website is required.
Sustainer Calendar Now Online!
From the Member page, go to Resources, then Sustainer Resources, or view your calendar here. As indicated on the calendar, some events require online RSVPs prior to the event. Instructions are provided on the calendar.
Community Service Opportunities
From the Member page, go to Resources, then Sustainer Resources or view your Community Service Opportunities here.
JLR Sustainer Facebook Group – Join Us
Join us on the JLR Sustainer Facebook group to communicate, connect and build a community for sharing and supporting each other. Only JLR Sustainer subscribers can view the information posted. For instructions on how to join the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org and help us spread the word.
Sustainer Connect provides a means for Sustainers to informally connect. The group meets for lunch the second Tuesday of every other month. The next gathering will be on Tuesday April 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Brio Tuscan Grill at Crabtree Valley Mall. For more information or to join in on the fun, contact email@example.com.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Triangle Family Services Presents: First Time Homebuyers Workshop | March 19
Thinking about buying a home? Overwhelmed by the process? Looking for unbiased information? Join Triangle Family Services for workshops offered by local Certified Financial & Housing Counselors, and presentations by local mortgage lenders, realtors, home inspectors and insurance agents. Event will be held on Saturday, March 19 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership. To register for this event, call 919-821-0790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appetite for Art | April 9
Appetite for Art is a fundraiser benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs of Wake County. Please join us for an evening of local food, art, silent auctions and music by Raleigh’s Sidecar Social Club. The event on April 19 starts at 6:30 p.m. for VIP ticket holders and 7:30 p.m. for General Admission and goes until 10 p.m. at CAM Raleigh, 409 W. Martin Street. VIP tickets: $125, General admission tickets: $75.
Tickets are on sale through the Appetite for Art website. VIP tickets include early admission to view the art, food and unlimited drinks. General Admissions tickets include food and 2 drink tickets with more tickets available for purchase.
North Raleigh Arts & Creative Theatre (NRACT) Seeks Community Board Members
North Raleigh Arts & Creative Theatre (NRACT) seeks Community Board Members for upcoming board term, which begins June 2016. If interested, please contact NRACT’s Managing Director Timothy Locklear via email at email@example.com.