Latest update: June 15, 2020. This resource will be updated.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is part of our mission statement:
The Junior League of Raleigh welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
JLR’s Diversity & Inclusion Task Force:
The Junior League of Raleigh has made the commitment to diversity and inclusion as a strategic
priority in the League. In order to act on this commitment, the Junior League of Raleigh, will
embark on a multi-annual process to embed D&I through their League. This group is tasked with ensuring that diversity, equity and inclusion becomes an integral part of the Junior League of Raleigh.
The D&I Task Force, made up of JLR members, began in the 2018-2019 League year.
Goals & Accomplishments include:
- Incorporated the commitment statement into bylaws, strategic plan, and policies & procedures.
- Establish cultural competency training and bias education training, which is ongoing.
- Regularly assess internal and external marketing and communications materials to ensure they are culturally competent and use inclusive language.
- The League’s environment will enable all Members to thrive and master the skills required to lead effectively and with compassion.
- Work to understand demographics of the community to mirror the League’s membership.
- Ensure a critical mass of leaders demonstrate cultural competence and mastery of diverse, equitable and inclusive leadership skills.
- Evaluate opportunities to join conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion in the community and expose membership to these opportunities.
The JLR also has a Women of Color Affinity group:
The mission of the Junior League Women of Color affinity group is to create an opportunity for historically underrepresented women of the Junior League to connect and build capacity. We aim to enhance member experience and offer strength in our shared experiences. Our goal is to empower women by offering member support and leadership opportunities. The activities of the group will enhance ongoing efforts within the Junior League to develop the potential of a diverse group of women leaders in our communities.