IN THE LEAGUE
Team Training Presents: Movin’ On Up | Feb.18
Are you ready to take the next step in your career path? Team Training is offering a discussion panel with three human resource professionals designed to help you move up the ladder. Jen Reel, Rebecca Ayers and Liz Riley-Young, members of our League, will lead the conversation. The event is February 18th at the Julia Jones Daniels Center For Community Leadership and begins with a social at 6:30 p.m. followed by the panel at 6:45 p.m.
- Jennifer Reel is an experienced professional with more than 16 years in talent management, customer relationship management and program/process management. She has experience designing, implementing and managing scalable talent solutions, including the design of new technologies to enable business processes. Jennifer holds a BS from Wake Forest University and completed her Executive MBA at the Kenan-Flagler School of Business.
- Rebecca Ayers is the manager for Performance Management Solutions (PMS) in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). PMS provides reimbursable solutions to Federal agencies to address individual and organizational performance matters necessary to properly create and sustain a healthy and effective results-oriented culture. Rebecca holds a bachelor’s degree in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia and a Masters of Transatlantic Studies from the University of Bath, England. She completed her Ph.D. in Public Administration at North Carolina State University.
- Liz Riley-Young has held multiple leadership roles in her 15 year tenure at SAS. Currently she is a Principal Engagement Manager working with clients in Hospitality, Gaming and Disney. Liz holds a BA in Business and Economics from NC State. When not volunteering, Liz enjoys biking and hiking with her family. She lives in Raleigh with her husband John and three children: Jack (18), Sam (16) and Katie (13).
Community Connect: Roundtable Breakfast Discussion – “Donor Retention”
Community Connect hosts the fourth roundtable breakfast discussion of the year on the importance of donor retention at 8 a.m. on Friday, February 19 at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership. Guest speaker Tonya Taylor will present “Stewardship: Investing in Future Generosity” She will address how to touch donors throughout the year ahead in a way that inspires future giving, in perhaps even more meaningful ways, by leveraging key stakeholders and friends. Read more. Roundtable discussions are free of charge but please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join TCOM at these great Upcoming Events
- All She Wrote Notes Chalk Lettering class 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on March 16 at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership. For more details and to sign up today (space is limited) please visit this link.
- Wine and Design in Cary 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. on April 2. Use this link to sign up and use coupon code CARY for $5.00.
Junior League of Raleigh Job Opportunity: Development Associate
The Junior League of Raleigh seeks a part-time development associate. This person will work closely with the Funding VP and Funding Council Members to develop funds for League operations and programs; to coordinate effective communication between League fundraising committees; and to build individual donor, foundation and corporation relationships. For more information and how to apply, visit Job Opportunities on our website.
SUSTAINERS: THINGS TO REMEMBER
Sustainer Volunteers Needed for the SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation Event!
Sustainers will host the SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation Event at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership on Tuesday, March 23. Several Sustainers are needed to plan and staff the event. Our planning meeting is Tuesday, February 16 at 6:30 p.m. in the Sustainer Living Room at the CCL. Important information will be shared at the meeting so attendance is encouraged but not required to volunteer. For questions or to volunteer, email email@example.com.
Sustainer NC Museum of History Two Exhibit Tour and Lunch: Registration Now Open!
On Tuesday, March 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., join Sustainers at the North Carolina Museum of History for a special docent-led tour of two exhibits: gowns by the esteemed designer Willie Otey Kay and Southern-themed paintings from the James-Farmer Collection. We will then gather for lunch in the “Glass Box”. This event is open to Sustainers only and limited to 30 attendees. The $30 cost—which includes lunch, tax, tips and tour docent fee—is payable upon event registration. Online RSVP via the JLR website is required.
Sustainers Calendar Now Online!
From the Member page, go to Resources, then Sustainer Resources, or view your calendar here. As indicated on the calendar, some events require online RSVPs prior to the event. Instructions are provided on the calendar.
Community Service Opportunities
From the Member page, go to Resources, then Sustainer Resources or view your Community Service Opportunities here.
JLR Sustainers Facebook Group – Join Us
Join us on the JLR Sustainers Facebook group to communicate, connect and build a community for sharing and supporting each other. Only JLR Sustainer subscribers can view the information posted. For instructions on how to join the group, email firstname.lastname@example.org and help us spread the word.
Sustainer Connect provides a means for Sustainers to informally connect. The group meets for lunch the second Tuesday of every other month. The next gathering will be on Tuesday April 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Brio Tuscan Grill at Crabtree Valley Mall. For more information or to join in on the fun, contact email@example.com.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Share the Love Luncheon | Feb. 12
Have lunch for a cause! Come out and support the wonderful work the Women’s Center of Wake County is doing to prevent homelessness in Wake County. Join us for a luncheon on Friday, February 12 at noon at the Doubletree Hilton. There is a silent auction for delicious desserts from local bakeries and chocolatiers as well as a raffle. See event details and purchase tickets at wcwc.org.
Appetite for Art | April 9
Appetite for Art is a fundraiser benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs of Wake County. Please join us for an evening of local food, art, silent auctions and music by Raleigh’s Sidecar Social Club. The event on April 19 starts at 6:30 p.m. for VIP ticket holders and 7:30 p.m. for General Admission and goes until 10 p.m. at CAM Raleigh, 409 W. Martin Street. VIP tickets: $125, General admission tickets: $75.
Tickets are on sale through the Appetite for Art website. VIP tickets include early admission to view the art, food and unlimited drinks. General Admissions tickets include food and 2 drink tickets with more tickets available for purchase.
Check out Tippaper No. 4 – Helping Kids Learn
Project Enlightenment shares Tippaper No. 4, a parenting resource with articles for hassle-free mornings, managing meltdowns and winter family activities. Each newsletter is packed with Triple P tips to help make raising kids easier. Tippaper shines a light on local parents who share the trials and tribulations of their own families. There’s information about things to do with the family in North Carolina, contact details for the Triple P coordinator in your area, Triple P updates and much more. For this issue and past issues, visit triplep-parenting.net/nc-en/positive-parenting/triple-p-tippapers-north-carolina.