SAFEchild (Stop Abuse for Every Child) is a nonprofit committed to eliminating child abuse in Wake County by helping adults and children create nurturing environments free from abuse and neglect. SAFEchild is the only organization focused on eliminating child abuse with a collaborative approach in partnership with child protective services, law enforcement, the judicial and legal systems, schools, medical professionals, and mental health professionals. Founded in 1992, SAFEchild serves 7,000 children and families annually with a wide range of needs through education, support, and intervention programs.
General Job Description
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the Development Team advancing the organization’s mission by executing a development plan focused on diversified revenue and increased community engagement. The position requires a willingness to become well-versed and comfortable with the facts about child abuse and neglect while embracing SAFEchild’s mission and programs. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and communication with donors, staff, volunteers and all constituents of SAFEchild is a fundamental part of the position. General duties include organization communication, donor stewardship, grant support and special event coordination. The person in this position will gain mastery of the donor database and ensure accurate donor information is regularly communicated to the executive director and development director. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the process for donor acknowledgements following SAFEchild’s acknowledgement plan to ensure timely and appropriate donor acknowledgement.
- Steward donors in particular categories as directed.
- Work with the Development Director to develop solicitation strategies to achieve annual fundraising goal.
- Serve as staff liaison to SAFEchild Young Ambassadors; growing their presence in SAFEchild through volunteerism, financial commitment and community advocates for the organization.
- Maintain accurate records in donor database/Salesforce.
- Create donor reports for mailings, donor information, donor segments, etc.
- Work with development director on various donor appeals.
- At the request of the Development Director disseminate reminder communication to donors regarding outstanding pledges.
- Create efficient methods to track revenue and expenses related to fundraising campaigns.
- Resolve donor payments issues, when applicable.
- Manage donor and organization communication for SAFEchild following SAFEchild’s communication calendar.
- Oversee communication on website, Constant Contact, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc. according to dates on communication plan.
- Work with marketing firm to create, edit and deliver donor and organization communication and collateral.
- Produce periodic newsletters.
- Manage website and update appropriately.
- Lunch & Learns (as scheduled)
- Work with donor and staff to plan and organize engagement events.
- Coordinate logistics including speakers, program food, drinks, nametags, etc.
- Promote via social media
- Third Party events (as scheduled)
- Work with donor/Community Partner to:
- Coordinate logistics as needed
- Arrange for necessary volunteer or staff participation
- Promote via social media
- Create and track the annual grant calendar.
- Outreach and collect information from program staff to inform grant proposal.
- Produce supporting documentation for grant proposals.
- Assist with grant research.
- Copy, collate, and mail hard copy proposals.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of three years’ development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain donor relationships on behalf of the agency
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with little administrative support
- Demonstration of professionalism in all aspects of work; ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skill and work experience with Microsoft software and Salesforce or similar donor database
- Ability and willingness to work daytime, some weekend and evening hours
- All who work for SAFEchild must support the program goals and programs of the agency and maintain the highest standards of honesty and professional ethics. Unless otherwise directed by the Executive Director, all information about agency clients or programs shall be held in the strictest confidence.
Please submit resume to Stephanie Davage at firstname.lastname@example.org.