2017 N.C. Governor’s Inaugural Ball
Questions & Answers
- Who can go to the Inaugural Ball?
- Everyone is invited and all are welcome to come! Ticket sales are open to the public now. Buy tickets here.
- What is Rock the Ball?
- Rock the Ball is a concert that will be held Thursday, Jan. 5, at Lincoln Theatre that typically kicks off the Inaugural Ball weekend. It has a lower ticket price and is more casual than the other Inaugural Ball events making it more accessible to event-goers. Stay tuned for announcements in late November on this year’s Rock the Ball bands!
- What is the Council of State reception?
- The Council of State event, which will be held Friday, Jan. 6, at Marbles Kids Museum, is a cocktail reception honoring the members of Council of State. Cocktail attire is suggested. Beer, wine and heavy appetizers are included in the ticket price.
- What is the Gala Presentation?
- The Gala Presentation is an hour-long presentation where the newly elected governor and Council of State are formally introduced. The black-tie event, which will be held in Reynolds Coliseum at N.C. State University, also will include guest performances of North Carolina artists, videos highlighting the work of the Junior League of Raleigh and speeches from JLR President Rebecca Ayers and the new governor.
- What is the Inaugural Ball?
- The Inaugural Ball begins just as the Gala Presentation is ending. This year, the ball will feature food stations and chef’s stations from North Carolina restaurants, a biergarten with beer samples from North Carolina breweries and a number of different styles of bands located throughout Talley Student Union at N.C. State. It is a black-tie event, and all ticket holders will need a valid photo ID to enter. Beer, wine and food are included in the ticket price.
- How can I find out about sponsorships?
- Inaugural Ball sponsorship packages start at $600. If you or someone you know might be interested, please email our IB sponsorship team at email@example.com.
Where does the money from the Inaugural Ball go?
- All profits from the ball go back to the community through the Junior League of Raleigh so that we may continue our long tradition of helping to improve the lives of women and children at risk throughout our state.
Does the money earned at the Inaugural Ball go to a political candidate?
- No! The Inaugural Ball is a nonpartisan fundraiser for the Junior League of Raleigh. All profits from the ball go back to the Junior League of Raleigh.
- Is the Inaugural Ball a political event?
- While the events celebrate North Carolina and our newly elected governor and the Council of State, the Inaugural Ball events are fundraisers for the Junior League of Raleigh.
What do I need to bring to the ball?
- Everyone who attends the Inaugural Ball events needs to have a valid photo ID to enter all events.