THRIFT STORE ASSISTANT MANAGER
Bargain Box in Cameron Village
Junior League of Raleigh
WORKING HOURS: Full-Time; hours to be determined.
STORE HOURS: Monday – Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm
SUPERVISOR: Bargain Box manager
Through Bargain Box’s Bargain Bucks voucher program, the Junior League of Raleigh donates over $30,000 in merchandise annually to the Wake County community. Bargain Box is the League’s oldest fundraiser.
Bargain Box is a thrift store that is owned and operated by the Junior League of Raleigh (JLR). The manager is responsible for the daily operation of the store, attaining sales goals and long-term strategic planning, working with a volunteer committee.
The Bargain Box manager is a working position. At least sixty percent of the manager’s time should be spent on the floor of the store -actively working with staff and volunteers or assisting customers.
SCOPE OF DUTIES:
- Achieve sales goals as outlined annually by the JLR Finance Committee
- Manage merchandise donations for display
- Social media presentation and marketing
- Cash management and processes
- Donation management
- New process implementation
- Volunteer management
- Store presentation
- Customer Service
- Staff management
- Open and close store
- Mark merchandise for sale according to established guidelines
- Identify opportunities for marketing
- Provide real-time updates on exceptional items, sales and other communications
- Open and close the store according to established guidelines
- Follow shopping trends to create merchandise displays
- Operate and maintain cash register
- Unload the dock and assist with donations
- Provide exceptional service to all customers
- Ensure adequate stock on sales floor at all time
- Execute Bargain Box voucher program
- Prepare store for meetings, sales and other events
- Assist in training part-time staff and volunteer staff on store operations
- Determine merchandise to be donated to charitable missions.
- Maintain a clean and organized store at all times.
- Suggest more efficient operational procedures for the store as needed.
- Execute any and all other tasks as directed
- Proactively identify internal and external sales concerns and notify team captains and administrative director. Determine exceptional items of value through brand awareness and internet research and train staff in such
- Reconcile the daily receipts and make bank deposits as scheduled
- Stay well-informed of current fashion trends for merchandising
- Maintain awareness of local bloggers and advertising opportunities
- Handle customer and League member relations. Resolve issues as needed
- Serve as a knowledge resource and role model for other staff
- Manage store operations. This includes supervising, training and gently guiding volunteers in completion of their work assignments through clear instruction
- Assist in acquisition and unloading of donated merchandise, including paperwork required for League member donations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those above and may be changed with approval from, conjunctively, Bargain Box team captains and JLR administrative director.
- Must be friendly and courteous to customers, other paid staff and League members
- Must exhibit flexibility and have a positive and cooperative attitude
- Must be punctual and set a positive work example for other staff and volunteers
- Must dress neatly and be well groomed
- Must demonstrate Internet proficiency
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and lift; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on stairs; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
|Education:||High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.|
|Experience:||Three to five years of experience in retail sales or marketing. Bilingual in Spanish highly desired.|
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:||Internet, email, and social media proficiency required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word strongly preferred.|
HOW TO APPLY
Send résumé, cover letter, salary requirements and three references, preferably in one document, to email@example.com by December 1. No phone calls, please.