IN THE LEAGUE
Join TCOM at these great Upcoming Events
- Tempest Fantasy with the Carolina Ballet on Sunday, March 6 at 2:00 p.m. Sign up on the JLR webpage for a free ticket; only 8 spots remain!
- Wood Sign Painting class on Saturday, March 12 at 6:00 p.m. come out for a fun craft night with the girls. Just bring yourself and your creativity! Bridget with It’s All Chic will bring everything else. Go to the It’s All Chic Facebook page, under the more tab at the top go to events. Choose March 12 JLR event and pick the sign you want to paint. Just comment what sign you want and Bridget will contact you individually for price and payment information. She will create your stencil and build your sign for you to paint at our paint party at the CCL.
- All She Wrote Notes Chalk Lettering class 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. on March 16 at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership. For more details and to sign up today (space is limited) please visit this link.
- Beach Bag Book Club on March 24 at 6:30 p.m. Sign up online now to bring a book you have read and would recommend. We will send out a sign-up genius so you can list the book you are bringing and provide a handout at the event. From this, we will build a summer reading list to share. Carrie Ritter will facilitate and be reached at rittercm@gmail for any questions.
- Wine and Design in Cary 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. on April 2. Use this link to sign up and use coupon code CARY for $5.00.
Bargain Box Donations Accepted at March 8 GMM
The Bargain Box team will accept gently-used, high quality quota donations for those active members who have signed up online (limited to 40 on a first come first serve basis). Members in turn will receive quota credit for their donation. Active members may bring a minimum of 10 items with a maximum of 25 items to be donated. Team members will be available at 6:15 p.m. at a table inside the meeting area for drop off. Donations can be made until the end of the membership meeting. Clothing items only! No housewares please! Sign up required!
Junior League of Raleigh Job Opportunity: Development Associate
The Junior League of Raleigh seeks a part-time development associate. This person will work closely with the Funding VP and Funding Council Members to develop funds for League operations and programs; to coordinate effective communication between League fundraising committees; and to build individual donor, foundation and corporation relationships. For more information and how to apply, visit Job Opportunities on our website.
SUSTAINERS: THINGS TO REMEMBER
Sustainer Volunteers Needed for the SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation Event!
Sustainers will host the SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation Event at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership on Tuesday, March 23. Several Sustainers are needed to plan and staff the event. For questions or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before the event – deliver to the CCL room 132 by 5 p.m. March 16 (deposit in a box labeled SAFEchild Volunteer Appreciation)
- Donate a small favor for attendees ($7-$15), 40 favors neede
Before the event – deliver to the CCL by 3 p.m. March 23
- Pickup/deliver catered food, serve ware – 1 volunteer
- Obtain/wrap/deliver attendee favors – 2 to 3 volunteers
- Prepare or purchase appetizers – 3 to 4 volunteers
On the evening of the event – 3:00 to 8 p.m. March 23
- Set up/decorate room, 3:00-5:30 p.m. – 2 volunteers
- Check in attendees, 5:00-7:30 p.m. – 1 to 2 volunteers
- Manage food/beverage/cake/favor tables, 5:30-8:00 p.m. – 3 volunteers
- Breakdown event room and kitchen, 6:00-8:00 p.m. – 2 volunteers
Won’t you join us by volunteering to make this special event the best ever
Sustainer NC Museum of History Two Exhibit Tour and Lunch: Registration Now Open!
On Tuesday, March 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., join Sustainers at the North Carolina Museum of History for a special docent-led tour of two exhibits: gowns by the esteemed designer Willie Otey Kay and Southern-themed paintings from the James-Farmer Collection. We will then gather for lunch in the “Glass Box”. This event is open to Sustainers only and limited to 30 attendees. The $30 cost—which includes lunch, tax, tips and tour docent fee—is payable upon event registration. Online RSVP via the JLR website is required.
Sustainer Calendar Now Online!
From the Member page, go to Resources, then Sustainer Resources, or view your calendar here. As indicated on the calendar, some events require online RSVPs prior to the event. Instructions are provided on the calendar.
Community Service Opportunities
From the Member page, go to Resources, then Sustainer Resources or view your Community Service Opportunities here.
JLR Sustainer Facebook Group – Join Us
Join us on the JLR Sustainer Facebook group to communicate, connect and build a community for sharing and supporting each other. Only JLR Sustainer subscribers can view the information posted. For instructions on how to join the group, email email@example.com and help us spread the word.
Sustainer Connect provides a means for Sustainers to informally connect. The group meets for lunch the second Tuesday of every other month. The next gathering will be on Tuesday April 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Brio Tuscan Grill at Crabtree Valley Mall. For more information or to join in on the fun, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN THE COMMUNITY
Triangle Family Services Presents: First Time Homebuyers Workshop | March 19
Thinking about buying a home? Overwhelmed by the process? Looking for unbiased information? Join Triangle Family Services for workshops offered by local Certified Financial & Housing Counselors, and presentations by local mortgage lenders, realtors, home inspectors and insurance agents. Event will be held on Saturday, March 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership. To register for this event, call 919-821-0790 or email email@example.com
Appetite for Art | April 9
Appetite for Art is a fundraiser benefiting the Boys and Girls Clubs of Wake County. Please join us for an evening of local food, art, silent auctions and music by Raleigh’s Sidecar Social Club. The event on April 19 starts at 6:30 p.m. for VIP ticket holders and 7:30 p.m. for General Admission and goes until 10 p.m. at CAM Raleigh, 409 W. Martin Street. VIP tickets: $125, General admission tickets: $75.
Tickets are on sale through the Appetite for Art website. VIP tickets include early admission to view the art, food and unlimited drinks. General Admissions tickets include food and 2 drink tickets with more tickets available for purchase.