While the Junior League of Raleigh is fortunate to have more than 850 Sustaining members who volunteer in the community and who support our fundraising, membership development and community endeavors, the League is equally fortunate to have a body of Community Advisors. Community Advisors support the League with contributions of their community knowledge and connection and provide invaluable guidance to the League as we invest our members and funding back into the community. Advisors bring skills with them, including nonprofit management, volunteer recruitment and retention, community relations, marketing and business planning.
We are proud that the following leaders serve as the JLR’s 2018-2019 Community Advisory Board:
- Becky Bumgardner, The V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Ralph Capps, Boys & Girls Club of Wake County
- Cristin Deronja, SAFEchild, Inc.
- Carrie Gray, BASF
- Tracy Kimbrell, Parker Poe
- John Panepinto, Project Enlightenment
- Keith Satisky, Satisky & Silverstein LLP
- Bettie Sousa, Smith Debnam Narron Drake Saintsing & Myers, LLP
- Ben Steel, Empire Properties