Classification: Exempt, Full-time; some outside work hours required
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Junior League of Raleigh (JLR) is a local chapter of the Association of Junior Leagues International, an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. With its 1,400 women dedicated to serving children and their families throughout Wake County, JLR engages women through leadership training, structured volunteer opportunities and is committed to their personal and professional growth. The diverse membership of professional volunteers positively impacts the lives of children and their families through its strategic partnerships with other community agencies year after year.
This position supports this dynamic organization as the League Director, who oversees the JLR’s day-to-day operations and supports the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership (CCL). As the director for a membership organization, the League Director reports to the Board of Directors and manages paid staff to support the members and the mission and programs of the JLR.
In collaboration with the JLR’s leadership and large membership base, the League Director manages the complete portfolio of staff and volunteer activities for the JLR. The League Director reports to and works closely with the JLR President. Areas of responsibility include:
- Manages coordination and engagement of 650 active members and 750 sustaining members
- Supports the execution of major fundraising events such as the annual A Shopping SPREE! and Day of Giving, and the Governor’s Inaugural Ball; and provides oversight to all fund development activities
- Builds on existing and establishes new community partnerships to help JLR meet its mission
- Helps implement engaging internal and external communication and sustain a vibrant social media presence for members, prospective members, and community partners
- Supports the operations of the CCL and helps support and promote it use by members and the community
- Supervises a staff of four employees and ensures the smooth execution of administrative and internal controls for the JLR
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, and 2-3 years’ related experience preferably in the non-profit sector, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience includes:
- Fundraising for nonprofit organizations
- Supervisory or managerial experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Comfort and proficiency in common office technology systems
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume, cover letter, and references, preferably in one document, to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17, 2021. Phone calls and walk-ins will not be accepted. Due to the large number of inquiries we may receive, only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Junior League of Raleigh is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its 1400 members share their skills with our League operations and with our community. Areas of community focus include easing food insecurities, strengthening families and children’s well-being and education.
Position Summary: The position of Operations Associate reports to the League Director and is one that represents the face of the Junior League of Raleigh while coordinating for the organization as office manager, a member of the JLR office team, and liaison to guests, members, and liaison to long and short term tenants.
Coordinate Short-Term Rentals for the Julia Jones Daniels Center for Community Leadership (CCL).
• Reserve space for external renters and Junior League member events, preparing room for outside renters
• Manage hostesses for off-hours rentals.
• Promote rental space to attract new clients.
Provide Office Oversight:
• Mange building access for League members, staff, contractors and long-term renters.
• Provide contract oversight for all building needs, including the copier and postage machines, IT Support, A/V upgrade and other contracts as assigned. Lead coordination of competitive pricing and recommend supplier changes.
• Order and maintain office supplies
• Create and update member and public forms and registration links. Utilize the League’s member management software, Digital Cheetah (DC), to update forms, calendars and to provide back-up support on membership reports to the League’s Membership Associate.
Assist with Member Communications
• Work with the volunteer Communications and Strategies Team on finalizing and distributing member communications
• Support the League Director as needed with Crescendo Planned Giving Software
• Support and assist JLR leadership, members and teams as needed
• Ensure work room and general office/public areas are neat and maintained
• Maintain calendar of League Events
• As available, assist other staff members with seasonal letters/records/archiving
• Schedule and track ZOOM meetings for leadership
• High school diploma and demonstrated experience in operations oversight
• Proficiency in ZOOM, Word, Excel, Power Point and ability to learn the software systems used by The League.
• Demonstrated organizational abilities.
• Must have the ability to work perceptively with a wide range of constituents.
• Deadline-oriented and able to prioritize work flow
• Comfortable working in a team setting and with confidential information
• Must be a clear communicator with good written and verbal skills.
• Must be a diplomatic and an effective League representative.
• Must be physically able to arrange meeting rooms for renters.
• Must have relevant office coordination and support experience.
The salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Dorothea Bitler, League Director, email@example.com. Questions? 919-787-7480, Ext. 1065