Interested in building a career with the Junior League of Raleigh? Please submit your résumé, cover letter, salary requirements and three references, preferably in one document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Our thrift store, Bargain Box (located in Cameron Village), is hiring! Current opportunities include:
- Assistant Manager – See Attached Posting
- A part-time Backroom Associate (20-28 hours per week) – See Description Below
BARGAIN BOX BACKROOM ASSOCIATE
WORKING STATUS: Part-time; non-exempt
STORE HOURS: Monday – Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
WORKING HOURS: To be determined by the Bargain Box manager
SUPERVISOR: Bargain Box manager
The Bargain Box is the thrift store owned by the JLR. The backroom associate is responsible for fulfilling his/her duties, under the supervision of the manager, in a manner consistent with the policies of the JLR and in full support of the purposes and direction the JLR desires for the store.
- Bring donations in from the loading dock.
- Assist in marking and pricing merchandise and moving it out to the sales floor or into the storage area at the direction of the manager or assistant manager.
- Help in maintaining the overall security and cleanliness of the store.
- Assist in determining the merchandise to be donated to charitable missions.
- Assist League members and the community with unloading donated merchandise and completing the necessary paperwork
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and lift; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on stairs; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those above and may be changed at the discretion of the Bargain Box Manager or the JLR Operations Director.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Must be able to lift up to 100lbs. on a regular basis.
Schedule flexibility required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Call Bargain Box at 919-833-7587 to schedule an appointment to fill out an application or send résumé and three references, in one document, to email@example.com by September 7, 2016. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.